The Bow & Curtsy Aged Care Music Program was developed by Watling & Bates under the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS), mentored by Nortec Small Business Solutions in 2015. The programs adapts Watling & Bates' repertoire and delivery to optimise benefits for folks in aged care.
The program has a specific focus on history and memory, and aims to revive social memories of dances in old country halls.
Program elements include:
- 1.5 hour duration
- 18 songs
- regular service - monthly to three monthly
- old time costumes and theme
- range of instruments including banjo, fiddle, guitar, bass, harmonica, and tambourine
- original songs of shared histories for memory association
- familiar songs to sing along
- Yellow Bird, our much loved puppet
- soft toy mascots
- local archival news readings from the National Library of Australia
- percussion instruments to share
- 'second fiddle' for participants to try
We would love to organise a tour to your location. Please contact us below, or call us in Unumgar on 02 6636 4342, or 0409 534 233 if we're on the road.
Check out our facebook page and youtube channel below to find out more about our program.